Monday, January 12, 2009

The twin's nursery is finally in the making!



We are finally getting somewhere with the girl's nursery! We had a lot of work to do before we could get started, such as emptying and throwing out 5 years worth of useless crap that had piled up in what used to be Chris' office. That alone took forever because we had to go through all of it, decide what to keep/throw out, and then find a place for what we decided we needed to hold onto. Once this was complete, Chris had to pull down the hideous border that was put up by the previous owners. I swear it was put on with cement! It was sooooo hard to remove. He then had to apply texture to the wall that was underneath the border. Anyhow...all the prep took a while and the painting is finally underway!
And...after many hours of internet browsing and looking at numerous baby shops, I have finally decided on baby bedding for Emily and Allie. It is sooooo freakin cute, although it isn't what I set out for in the beginning. I originally had my mind set on a vintage/antique, floral, shabby chic, very girly type of theme. That was until I went out to Lone Star Baby in Dallas. I found THE CUTEST bedding ever. The pictures don't really do it justice because it makes it look all faded and drab. It is actually pretty bright and cheery. I think if you click on the picture, it will get nice and big for you to see. It has about 3 different shades of pink, kind of a limey green, brown, and cream. It has several different prints including polka dots, paisley, stripes, and solids. It has ruffles and ribbons, too...which I LOVE cause I'm all about the really girly girly stuff right now. The minute I saw it I knew it was for my girls! Although I would love to do stripes or polka dots or something fancy with the paint, we aren't going into too much detail with the walls. We don't know exactly how long we will be here because it's gonna be a tight fit with 5 people in a 3 bedroom house (plus Chris no longer has a home office). So for now, we are just doing three creamish-tan walls and one pink accent wall. The 2 cribs will go up against the pink wall and I'm gonna do their names in wooden letters painted brown with lime green polka dots (the same print as the crib sheets). I hope it all comes together like I'm picturing!

7 comments:

Binford Family said...

I think I am going to move in so I can help take care of the girls... but Grayson and Landon are going to have to share a room cause I can't be away from him! It looks great Ash and I love it all! Ican't believe you already got the bedding! So exciting!

Heather said...

Hey girl! I'll be going back to work soon, so I don't know if we'll get to have a craft day. That makes me VERY sad!!

I LOVE the new pic of Landon at the top of the blog! He is SOOOOO cute! Also, speaking of pictures, where did you have the Santa pics done? I am SO in love with your Christmas card. I asked Chris when he was over, but he had no clue.

Now, onto the bedding. It is beautiful!! I can't wait to see the room when it's finished. You have such a knack for those kinds of things. Landon's nursery was adorable! I'm more excited about meeting the girls, but I want to see the room too!

I hope y'all are all doing well! I miss seeing you and Landy Poo!

Joshjohnnaben said...

I Love it!! It is not too flowery for me hahahhaha Can't wait for these little angels! I love you!

The May Way said...

Where did that Maggie sign come from? That was Brooks name before he came out a boy... By the way, I love the room. It is adorable and very girlie. Hope everything is going well.

sara said...

I LOVE the colors!!! I can't wait to see the room complete! So I'm with Ivy... what's up with the Maggie name? At one point that too was one of my names, since it's my grandmothers maiden name! Next we need some more belly pics!!

Erika Edwards said...

Ashley!!! It is so beautiful i absolutely love love love it!

You did an awesome job! Cant wait to see the room in person!

Andrea said...

The bedding is so precious. It will be even cuter with two sweet little girls sleeping on it! I can't wait to meet them. See you all and Landon on Saturday.