Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!!!

I don't know how this picture got stuck at the top of this post, and I can't get it to move. Anyway...this is me and a few of my closest girlfriends at The Lonesome Dove Wetern Bistro. Em's husband threw a surprise b-day party for Em's closest family and friends, and we had such a nice time. The food was amazing and it was so nice visiting with my ladies and their hubbies. I highly reccomend this place if you are looking for fine dining. It's down in The Stockyards.



Can you tell in the picture's below how happy Chris and I are??!! It's because we found out some amazing news that day! I had another growth scan (high-tech sonogram that I get once a month) on Wednesday and found out some great great great great news!!! We are having 2 baby girls!!!!! We couldn't be any happier!! Landon is going to be such a great big brother to 2 little sisters. We are beyond thrilled. We also found out that it is looking like I only have one placenta, which means the odds are that they will be identical. At first, they were thinking I had 2, but not anymore. They are very healthy, thriving babies. They are the perfect size, about 6 inches long each. One weighs 8 oz. and one weighs 9 ozs. All of their body parts are forming perfectly and their organs are functioning just as they should. We are very thankful! As of right now, their names are Emily Grace and Ally Kate. Chris loves Emily, I love Ally, and the middle names are the middle name's of our grandmothers. What a blessing these babies are! The pictures below are just a mix of fun ones I wanted to share...



I know the 3 pictures above are basically the same, but I couldn't decide on one, so I just shared all three! These were taken at The Lonesome Dove for Em's party and it was also the same day we found out about our daughters! My growing belly is 18 weeks along!



Chris spent 6 straight hours in the freezing cold putting lights on the house. They ended up looking great! Good job Daddy!!



We went to the Parade of Lights on the Granbury Square the day after Thanksgiving with my mom. This was Santa on the last float. Landon LOVED the parade. It will definitely be a family tradition for now on.


Landon looking cute at Mimi's Cafe for lunch last weekend.




The family on Thanksgiving. Landon was not participating in picture-taking that day. He still looks adorable, though!

4 comments:

Melody said...

We are so thrilled for you guys! I love the names, and you look gorgeous and glowing. I can't wait to meet the baby girls this spring!

Binford Family said...

I love the names Ash!! We missed you Sat night. it was loads of fun. But we didn't get home until 3:00 so you would have never made it, but we missed you.

Heather said...

I am so excited for y'all!!!!

The names are perfect! I can't wait to meet them!

The pics of you and Chris are great. Y'all always take the cutest pics together!

I also LOVE the one of Landon on the bar stool.

I can't wait to see y'all again! Hopefully we can get together soon!

~ Amber ~ said...

YAY! Two beautiful little girls....I am so happy for you.....