Wednesday, October 14, 2009

6-months-old!!!!


Wow!! I CANNOT believe Emily and Allie turned 6-months-old yesterday!! That is just crazy to me. It honestly feels like it was just yesterday when I was sitting on my couch on bedrest waiting for these little luvies to get here. And now they are halfway to a year??? No way! I have really started to grasp and embrace this whole SAHM thing. It took a bit of getting used to, but I am loving it now! I have taken on what I call a "part-time part-time" job. I am mentoring new teachers for the AISD. It is only a few hours a week, so it's not even enough to be called part-time, but it's a nice little break for me and I get to still be in the classroom, which I LOVE.

Soooo...the sisters had their 6-month well check yesterday and everything is perfect, but I knew that :) They are very average sized baby girls, which is great because a lot of times, twins are small for their age. Here are their 6-month stats:

Emily:
weight: 15 lbs. 11 oz. (50th percentile)
height: 26 1/4 in. (50th percentile)
head: 17 1/2 in. (75th percentile)...big noggin :)

Allie:
weight: 14 lbs. 15 oz. (30th percentile)
height: 25 1/2 in. (40th percentile)
head: 17 in. (50th percentile)

Here are some pictures of us at the Dr. yesterday, which was an adventure. I had to RUNNNNN through the parking lot in the POURING rain carrying two carriers by myself. We were all soaked :)


You can't tell, but they are all wet here, after dashing through the pouring rain. Those carseat cover things didn't do nothin!

Happy to be naked and dry :) Allie on left...Emily on right.

Chubbers.

Waiting for Dr. Hull

That's one unhappy camper :(


7 comments:

Erika Edwards said...

they are perfect, i love all the starks!

sara said...

so cute.
i still can't figure out who is who!

Binford Family said...

ahhh I love them! We just saw Dr Hull on Monday so we just missed you! xoxoxox

Justin and Allison said...

I also cannot believe they are 6 mos old. They are so beautiful. I love their eyes.

Cara said...

Sara...I can't tell either!! Ash- they are so stinkn cute. Little Mini Landons!! Can you believe the difference in how big Landon was at 6 mos compared to the twinkies? so much fun!!!

Ivy Zamora said...

they look like such sweet little Gerber babies in those pics - precious!!

Melody said...

Ashley, you have such beautiful girls!!! I can't believe they are already 6 months old. Time goes by too fast!