Monday, November 23, 2009

Sweet Baby Girls!


The sisters are getting so big and sooooo fun these days!! Don't yall think they are looking a little more different now? They have really developed cute personalities. Chris, Landon, and I are having so much fun with them lately. They are sitting up on their own now, so they are able to entertain themselves much easier. I can just plop them down on their bottoms, give them a few toys, and they're happy for a good 30 minutes. They are alike in so many ways, yet so different as well. Here are a few characteristics of each twin:

Allie (left):
*very much my "go with the flow" baby .
*doesn't like me out of her sight for too long. If she see's me walk across the room, she'll shout out trying to get my attention.
*getting very mobile...she rolls all around the living room. I bet she'll crawl before Emily.
*has one itty bitty bottom tooth that just broke through.
*loves most anyone...not shy at all.
*HATES loud noises...I have to vacuum when she is sleeping or in another room with daddy.
*loves all baby food...I haven't found one she doesn't like yet.
*she is the smaller of the two girls.
*laughs hysterically at Landon and Haley (the dog)

Emily (right):
*Although she is perfectly content in familiar environments with familiar people, I think she might be my "slow to warm up to new things/people" baby. She seems nervous when random people ooh and ahh at her at the mall, while Allie smiles at these people.
*not quite as mobile as Allie yet, but has better balance when sitting independently.
*she would sit in the bath all day if I'd let her...maybe she'll be my little swimmer :)
*always wants to be first...she gets PISSED if I hand Allie her bottle first. It's seriously hilarious.
*has two itty bitty bottom teeth that have recently broken through.
*like her sis, she too HATES loud noises. She has a nervous breakdown just at the sight of the vacuum cleaner.
*she is my picky eater so far...she prefers fruit and gags with most green veggies.
*adores her bro and dog sister

These two baby girls have Chris and I wrapped around their little fingers. Honestly, I never thought I could love another child like I love Landon. Even when they were first born...I knew I loved them, but I still questioned myself. I remember feeling guilty about spending so much time with them when Landon was used to my undivided attention. I must admit...it did take a few weeks to FEEL the same love for these girls that I had for Landon. Like I said, I knew I loved them with everything in me...that is motherly instinct. I just hadn't developed yet what Landon and I had. But, let me tell you, the bond has been made and I love these sweet baby girls more than life itself now! It absolutely melts my heart when I walk in the room and their faces light up with joy and excitement. I mean...these girls stiffin up and literally shake with excitement when they see me! It is the best feeling ever! It's funny how God puts just the perfect amount of love in your heart :)

4 comments:

Joshjohnnaben said...

Josh and I can't wait to babysit them sat! They are so loved!!!!!! Growing so dang fast!

Ivy Zamora said...

That is the sweetest picture of them! :) They are getting so big - such cutie pies!

Binford Family said...

I love to read all about them! They are adorable ash!!

sara said...

so cute
love the update on each one of them!