Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Landon's 1st Dentist Appointment!

Landon had his first dentist visit about 3 weeks ago. Apparently, I was a little late being that the dentist told me children should be seen every 6 months after the first tooth comes through! Uh oh...just about 3 years too late ;) He told me that they don't clean them till their 2 or 3 yrs old...but they like to check the teeth alignment and so on right from the teething stage. And if they aren't aligned correctly??? What are they gonna do...give a baby a retainer? I don't think so. They told me they'd love to see the girls for their first visit whenever I was ready. I think I'll take them a little earlier than Landon, but not right now. I think I'll wait another year. Anyhow...the visit went great! Dr. Wright and Mrs. Marlene (the hygeinist) were super nice and Landon was such a big boy! He was a bit shy at first, but then he let them do their thing with no problems whatsoever :)

Hmmm...not so sure about this.

Getting some x-rays

Showing Mrs. Marlene what a good brusher he is.

Mrs. Marlene wanted to make sure he was brushing correctly...and he was :)

He got these super cool shades to block the bright light.

Checking out those chompers.

Looking for sugar bugs.

The spinning brush tickled ;))))))

Dr. Wright came in after Mrs. Marlene cleaned his teeth. He counted Landon's teeth and then started using a bunch of dentistry terminology with Marlene that I didn't understand. He said that all 20 of Landon's teeth were there...and no cavities! He also said that they were aligned very nicely, and according to the x-ray, his adult teeth had great alignment, as well. Chris nor myself ever had braces, so maybe we'll get kids who won't need them either. Hope so!

3 comments:

Binford Family said...

love love love that first "I am not so sure about this" picture. Looks like his daddy!

Joshjohnnaben said...

Fun!!! I am glad we have Sarah in the family night be easier to have her clean Ben's teeth! Stop growing LANDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh! oxoxo

Jerri Larimore said...

No cavities!? That's like the best news you'll hear from the dentist. And seeing how brave Landon assures us that all of it went well, right?