Monday, July 5, 2010

Florida Vacation - June 2010 (part 1)

We just got back from our summer vacation in Florida last Tuesday. We were there from June 23 through June 29. We stayed with Chris' mom and stepdad at their home in Deerfield Beach, which is right outside of Ft. Lauderdale. The vacation was WONDERFUL! We had so much fun hanging out on the beach, riding the boat, fishing, shopping, dining, and chasing around children of course ;) I took almost 200 pictures while we were there, so I've decided to post a few different blogs rather than one HUGE post. This first post documents our first 2 days in Florida. I'm a little upset with myself for not taking any plane ride pictures, but the camera was the last thing on my mind during the plane ride. Let's just say it was quite eventful with 3 toddlers ;)

Landon was ready to go fishing off the dock THE MINUTE we arrived. Grandpa John was such a trooper with Landon's nonstopness. I know that's not a word, but that's exactly how he is. Not sure why he was in his underwear and not sure where that dog came from bc it doesn't belong to them :)

This is the kind of funny random stuff John does...puts huge motorized boats in his pool.

Stripped the girls down and gave them a bottle after the plane ride from H, E, double hockey sticks!

They live on the canals of the Atlantic Ocean. The canals are all murky and gross...I was pretty nervous about Landon and Chris kayaking down them, but I stayed brave and let them do it. I even tried it!

They made it back alive :)



Chris caught a big fish! He's standing on one of John and Sabrina's super cool boats!

This was sad :( The fish was making crying sounds :(:(:(:(

L is fishing in his undies again...

Taking goofy pictures while relaxing on the hammock

Goofball

The hammock hangs under a huge mango tree...you have to make sure your head isn't right under a mango or you could get nailed if one ripens and falls.

Emily lookin cute on the beach

LOVE this picture of my boys!

Em was NOT having the beach at first...Once that tide came in and the water covered her, she was done!

Landon loved it from the getgo!

My little boogie boarder

Still pissed! Grandma trying to get them all to look up...wasn't working so well.

well...atleast one is smiling

Take 3...Em is sooooo mad, Landon is over it, and Allie is ecstatic!

Em is starting to warm up...Where are her feet? :)

Wait for me dad!!

Emily LOVES it now! Love that little prance she's doing.

Waiting for the perfect wave

hanging out with Grandma

me and my girls

We went to The Cove to eat the 2nd night. It is very similar to The Oasis on Joe Pool Lake. It's right on the Intracoastal, and everyone ties up their boats and hangs out. It was a fun place!





Stay tuned for the next few posts from our vacation!

3 comments:

Joshjohnnaben said...

Too sweet!! LOVE THEM!

Binford Family said...

looks like fun was had by all! Love that last picture.. too bad landon wasn't in it! I need a beach vacation!

www.justinandcortney.blogspot.com said...

Looks like yall had a blast!! the pics are adorable! Hey my husband is wanting me to have my blog in private but I still want to stay in touch with you so can u please give me ur email address again?