Sunday, October 19, 2008

Carnivals and Craft Fairs




Yesterday was a pretty fun day. We woke up to beautiful sunny fall weather, so I decided to take Landon on a walk in the stroller. I'm not supposed to do too much physical activity while carrying twins, but I think a little walking every now and then should be fine. I need atleast some exercise. We walked and walked and walked. Landon loves pointing out everything he sees. His vocabulary is huge now. He can pretty much say anything these days. He has learned an incredible amount since being in preschool. Anyhow, he showed me all of the birds, cars, trees, fences, grass, sky, clouds, windows, dogs, bugs, etc. You name it...we talked about it. I snapped a pic of him while we were walking...he wasn't too happy about getting his picture taken. Look at how huge he looks in that stroller :)


After our long walk around the neighborhood, we went home for lunch and a nap. Then we headed over to the Dunn Elementary Carnival. Dunn is where I teach 3rd grade, and we have a huge fall carnival every year. It is so much fun for all of the kids and their families. Landon got to meet some of my students, and they thought he was super cute. He also jumped in a bounce house, played lots of carnival games, and ate pizza, cotton candy, suckers, and cookies. I thought he would probably get a tummyache since he's not used to all of those sweets, but if he did, he never let me know it. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Landon at the carnival...I was just too busy keeping up with him and visiting with my students.


We headed over to the Martin High School Craft Show after the carnival. Chris met me in the parking lot to pick up Landon. If I haven't already told you, Landon takes after most men and HATES shopping. Unless we are looking in the toy aisle, he wants nothing to do with shopping. He was very excited to his daddy. Johnna and her little man Ben, met me up at Martin to shop around. We browsed around for a while, got a few things, and left. While we were heading out the door, we decided to visit Jason Gully's memorial tree, plaque, and bench. Johnna and I got chills when we saw it. It has been so long...11 years since we lost him. For those of you who don't know, Jason was a very good friend of ours who died from menangitis when we were all 18. We had just graduated, and we were all just a few days away from starting college when this happened. It was very hard on all of us...we were so young to lose a friend. I snapped a few pictures of the plaque and the tree (the tree has gotten so big). I still can't believe it has been 11 years.


I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Talk to you soon!

1 comments:

Binford Family said...

WOW I can't believe how big the tree has gotten! I wish I could have shopped the Martin crafts with ya'll! We need to get a day to go together like last time and Christmas shop!!