Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Last weekend was fun!







We had such a good time last weekend. We thought the weekend was going to be nothing but bad weather due to hurricane Ike, but that wasn't the case. Although Saturday was a complete washout, Sunday was beautiful! Saturday was filled with rain and wind, so we just stayed in our comfy cozies all day, watched football, cooked, and ate. Landon opened up the remainder of his birthday gifts, so he would have plenty to do while we were cooped up all day. One of his favorites is an easel that his Nommie and Poppie got for him. We played with it all day long. Check out the pics of him being artistic.

On Sunday morning, we woke up to perfect fall weather. Chris went to get donuts for breakfast, and then we headed to the park. Landon LOVES going to the park...especially when we bring Haley along for the fun. Landon likes to chase her all around in the grass. If you are familiar with my house, you know that our backyard is nothing but pool, so Landon loves to run wild when we go to the park. After about an hour of sliding, swinging, climbing, and running we headed home for lunch, a shower, and a nap. After a nice rest, we headed over to my friend Kimmie's for her daughter's b-day party. There was a bounce house, face-painting, a Barney pinata, and a Barney cake. We all know how much Landon adores Barney, so he was in Heaven. Landon had so much fun bouncing around with all of his buddies.

I also had a great time visiting with all of my best girlfriends. We don't get to see each other near as much as we used to. Within the past couple of years, we have all started families so our lives are so super busy now. Our time together is much different than it used to be. Before all of these precious babies got here, our times together were spent over shots and loud music in downtown Ft. Worth. Nowadays, our get-togethers are usually at birthday partys or showers and our conversations consist of what kinds of diapers we use or what kind of sale Gymboree is having. I absolutely love that we are all moving through these new stages in life together. I cherish all of my friendships with my girls. My girlfriends truly are the best!

Enjoy the pics of my little man! Talk to ya soon!

1 comments:

Cara said...

Barney is king at our house too. I swear, everytime we are in the car, getting home, or just playing, its "momma, momma, Baw-nee" haa! I called you today because i passed you on Bowen. I guess you were on your way to pick up the lil man! Did I tell you my brother gave me a bounce house? Bring landon over and lets play!!!