Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Train Rides and Shocking News!






We took Landon on his first train ride last weekend. His grandparents (Chris' dad and step-mom) came with us. The train started in downtown Grapevine and went all the way to The Stockyards. The ride to Ft. Worth was about 1 1/2 hours long. Then you spend about 2 1/2 hours in The Stockyards and catch the train back to Grapevine. The train is like an old antique train with open-air carts to ride in. The weather was beautiful, so it felt so nice. While we were in Ft. Worth, we ate a late lunch, got our picture taken on a HUGE longhorn, rode fun little rides, shopped, and ate ice-cream cones. He wasn't sure about the big longhorn, so I (very carefully) climbed up on it with him. We all had such a nice time. Landon passed out on Grandpa's lap on the train ride back.


Now to the "Shocking News" part of the blog......
Well...I went in for my first sonogram today and we got the surprise of our life! We are having twins!!!!! Twins run in both of our families, so we knew there was a chance. It has not been confirmed, but I think the twins are fraternal. The sono pictures show two sacs...not just one. If there were just one, the babies would be identical. So...I guess there's a chance I could have a boy and a girl. I would just love that! Anyhow...Our family is about to change significantly. We are very excited to begin this new journey!

8 comments:

The May Way said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I am so excited for you... I have not known anyone personally to have twins. I am so excited to read about all your experiences. Congrats times TWO!!!

~ Amber ~ said...

That is so exciting! My best friend had twin girls that are 20 months old and so did my cousing and his wife they are 6 months old and twins are SOOOO much fun! A lot of work, but lots and lots of fun! Congrats girl and keep me posted!

Melody said...

Congratulations!!! When Pete told me yesterday, I had to ask him to repeat himself! We are so excited for y'all!

Joshjohnnaben said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE are excited!! still in shock!!!!!!!

Heather said...

I am so happy for y'all! I am still in shock about it. When Adam called to tell me, I thought he was joking.

I can't get over how calm you are. I would be FREAKING out!!

Please keep us updated on your progress and let me know if you ever need anything!

Cara said...

you're spanish just made me laugh out loud <= that just made me laugh. The babies are already sucking brain cells from you!

Shauna said...

How exciting! BTW - this is my first time to visit so I guess I should introduce myself. I am Shauna - I knew Chris & Shaun in high school.

Anyhow - have a great afternoon and congrats on the exciting news!

Sarah and Chadd said...

Thats such great news and we're SO happy and excited for you!! And Landon is just the cutest thing ever by the way. Congrats!!!