Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day and Girl Time

Mother's Day was wonderful this year. Chris had some beautiful purple and pink iris' and tulips delivered to me on Saturday and he gave me all of his poker winnings to go shopping on Sunday! He won $300 playing poker with his buddies Saturday night and he handed it to me Sunday morning and told me to go enjoy my day...he would take care of the kiddos! What a gift! Being a stay-at-home mommy is the best job in the entire world, but it is LOTS of work...so getting a full day to myself is priceless! I really enjoyed my "me day", and when I got home, Chris prepared a yummy steak dinner for our family. Thanks babe! You made my Mother's Day very special!

One thing that is a MUST in my life is girl time. I think that every woman should make time every once in a while to visit with her girlfriends. I think it's so important to just let loose and enjoy girl talk over a few drinks with my besties. This is how I spent Friday night of my Mother's Day weekend. Chris took one for the team and stayed home with the kiddos while I went to Gilligans to hang out with my best girls. It wasn't a late night...just a few hours of fun with Johnna, Heather, Kara, Claire, and Nicole. We had a great time!

2 comments:

Binford Family said...

What a great mothers day gift! Shopping!!! Glad it was perfect for you and that you were finally able to get out of the house!! Love you.

Joshjohnnaben said...

Yes we needed a night out esp. you! I love you very much! I am glad you are a mom with me!