Monday, May 4, 2009

Settling In

Well, the babies have been home for a week now, and we are finally settling in and starting somewhat of a schedule. They eat every 3-4 hours and sleep a vast majority of the day. They do have periods of awake time, but for the most part, they enjoy their slumber. We had forgotten how exhausting the nights are with a newborn, or two in our case. I'm trying to enjoy it, though. I'll just pop on the tv and watch cheesy late night television like court tv or infomercials while I feed them. Being that I no longer work outside the home, I can nap during the day to make up for the sleep I'm missing at night. Chris helps me too...he's such a great daddy. I'm having so much fun learning all about my daughter's personalities. At first, I thought Allie was the drama queen and Emily was the laid back sister. Wrong! Little Miss Emily is just as much of a diva as her twin sis. These little girls LOVE to be held and they will let you know it! I don't have one bit of a problem with that, though. I absolutely love just sitting and holding them while we rock in the glider. They're only this little for a small amount of time, so I'm gonna cherish it. Now...if I could just figure out the perfect position to rock them both at the same time :) I'm getting better, but it's challenging! They're still so floppy, it's hard to manage them both with only two hands!


***Well...I was gonna post some new pictures, but I can't find my cord thingy to upload the pics to my computer. I always put it in the same place, and it's not there. There's only one explanation for this...I bet a little 2-year-old blondie got his hands on it. No telling where it is, but I hope I can find it! If so, I'll post new pics tomorrow. Off to bed I go until the next feeding...

3 comments:

Ivy Zamora said...

i am so glad that you guys are getting it down! i was a wreck the first few weeks when Hud came home! :) i can't wait to meet them!

Heather said...

I'm glad yall are doing well! I have to say I think Katelyn's stay in the NICU is part (if not all!) of the reason she sleeps so well! They are so good at getting the babies on a predictable feeding schedule! I'm glad Emily and Allie are letting you rest!

Brittany said...

So good to hear that things are going so well. I was going to tell you, I rocked mine by putting one of my feet on the other knee (like half indian style) and then sticking a baby in the little nook that creates and then holding the other one. I fed mine a lot like this too when I got the the point where I had pumped enough to have a bottle for one baby and a boob for the other every feeding. I would feed one on the boob and the other from a bottle, and then when they fell asleep, I would always always go pump the other boob and whatever I could get just to get ahead. Sorry if that is gross. Keep up the good work Mama.