Friday, May 15, 2009

One month already????

I can't believe the girls are already 1 month old! I guess it doesn't seem that long since we've actually only had them home for 2 weeks. They spent the first 2 weeks of life in the NICU...Thank GOD that is over!!! That was definitely the longest 2 weeks of my life! 

Soooo...Allie and Emily are doing great! We had their 1 month well check with Dr. Hull on Tuesday. Unlike big brother Landon, the girls are very tiny for their age. Because they were an entire month early and they are twins...Allie is only in the 5th percentile and Emily is in the 10th. Landon has always been over the 100th! Dr. Hull was actually very pleased that they are even on the charts at all. Most twins...especially twins born early aren't even big enough to be on the charts. She checked out all of their little body parts and looked in their noses, mouths, and ears, and everything looks great! She even told me I could let them sleep through the night since they have had significant weight gain since birth. Allie now weighs 7.1 lbs and Emily weighs 7.8 lbs.  I was waking them up every 3-4 hours at night since they are only 1 month old, but not anymore! I'm so glad I can just let them sleep...for mine and their benefit. I swear the NICU has something to do with their AMAZING sleep schedule. I mean...what baby sleeps through the night at 2 weeks?? Last night, they slept from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am, only waking up once to eat at 3:00 am. And the best thing about it is...they sleep, eat, wake up, etc. at the same time. I guess it's a twin thing. The negative thing about that...they also cry at the same time. Oh well...I'm getting the hang of it, and it's actually not that tough. I bet the tough part starts when they get mobile. And the toddler years? I'll need to keep the wine handy for those evenings! Anyhow...the girls are great, I LOVE staying home with them, and I couldn't ask for anything more!!

Landon is doing great, as well. He loves loves loves his little sisters. He is very protective of them. Anytime anyone calls them "my babies", he lets them know that they are "his babies", not theirs. So sweet. He gives them lots of kisses and loves to hold them...but only for about 15 seconds, then he's over it and back to his toys. We took him to the Ranger game on Tuesday night to get in a little quality Landon time without the babies. My mother-in-law stayed with the girls. We had a great time, and Landon loved watching the game. He actually watched most of the game, which I was very surprised about. He is definitely a little athlete. I can't wait to get him into sports. He wasn't so impressed with the Ranger's mascot, though. He ran the opposite way when he saw him coming. Dressed up people with masks aren't his favorite. He feels the same way about Chuck E. Cheese.

Enjoy a few pics of my 3 children! I just love them so much!!!!!




8 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow! They are so incredibly beautiful. Landon is so cute too! You sound like you are doing great and that things are calming down for a bit. Enjoy these first 3 months or so because they truly do fly by.

Binford Family said...

I can't believe they are already 1 month either! But then again... look how fast 8 months of your pregnancy flew by. Life is just flying by! I love them... all 3 of them!

Sarah and Chadd said...

What a blessing w/ such an amazing family!! All 3 kiddos are so beautiful and I'm so happy that everything is going so great w/ the girls!! We wanna make plans to come by and see them soon!! They are ADORABLE in pics!

Erika Edwards said...

You do have such beautiful children. COming from a family of 2 sets of twins (me in the middle) i know how special twins are. Plus with landon so close in age to them, its such a special relationship they all will (just like me, lana and sara) I cant wait to see you sat. I love you honey! (work was insane this week, hopefully can bring you lunch next week)

Lots of Love!!

Heather said...

I am glad to hear your baby girls are doing wonderfully! I totally agree with you..the NICU might as well be called the magic sleep training department! Ever since katelyn came home at 5 days old, she only woke up once at night to eat...right about 3am, like your girls. When she was just over a month, she dropped even that feeding and sleeps from 9 to 6 or 7am! Madison woke up every 2 hrs from the day she was born and didnt sleep through the night until about 2-3 months old! I swear, the NICU is a magic place!!!
yay for great sleeping! I'm glad landon is loving the babies. I was so worried about jealousy and dr. hull said if she was going to be jealous, it'd show right away. But like landon, she was in love from the day we brought Katelyn home!
Glad everything is going well and they're healthy and doing great!!!

Abby Batlle said...

Ashley, your girls are beautiful!! WOW! I love that Landon is protective! What a great big brother!! I am so happy they are here and everyone is healthy!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Justin and Allison said...

I had no idea your twins were already here. Congrats. They are precious. It sounds like you are doing well.

The Bates Family said...

They are so beautiful, and they sure look alike to me even if they aren't identical! So cute to hear that Landon loves them so much!