Thursday, August 20, 2009

My baby boy is 3-years-old!!!!!!!!

Three years ago today, August 20, 2006, I became a mother to the most precious, loveable, smart, energetic, funny, all-boy, athletic, fun, sweet, perfect little boy ever. I can't believe this day has actually come. My baby is already 3? No way. It seems like just yesterday when we were pulling into our driveway bringing our joy bundle home for the very first time. But, yes...it's true. Three whole years have already passed. My mom wasn't lying when she said time goes faster the older you get.

A lot has changed in these three years. Landon now has two baby sisters who he absolutely adores. I was worried that he would be jealous or rivert back to acting like a baby to gain attention, but I was wrong. The transition has been as easy as pie. He loves his babies to death!!

Landon's looks have changed significantly. He has always been very chubby since the day he was born...always in the 100th percentile for weight. As a 3-year-old, Landon has become rather skinny. I'm anxious to see what percentile he will be in at his 3 year well-check.

Landon has been doing great in preschool. He recently moved up to the 3-year-old class where he is learning TONS of stuff. The summer activities end tomorrow and "school" starts on Monday. I have to have him there by 9:00 every morning which works out perfect for my Stroller Strides (workout class) schedule. His school goes along with the AISD calendar, so it'll be time to get to work next week. They will start out learning how to write their letters and numbers and how to write their name. Being a teacher, this is my nitch, so I'm very excited for him to get started on all this school stuff :)

Landon loves all things sports. He loves loves loves baseball. Chris played baseball in high school, so maybe that's where he gets it. He's pretty good, too! Landon can whack the ball clear across the yard. He really doesn't care about toys that much. He'll stack blocks (or chunk them across the room rather) for a while, but he would really rather be outside playing baseball, riding his bike, swimming, throwing his frisbee, swinging his golf clubs, playing basketball, or running around at the park. I guess all of this outdoor play explains the loss of his chubbiness :) Or maybe it's the picky eating (I'll get to that in a minute). He also loves artsy stuff too...play dough, finger paints, coloring books, water color, etc.

Landon loves cooking with me, although getting him to actually eat the food is another story. He is pretty picky these days. The only veggies he will eat are green beans, carrots, black-eyed peas, and asparagus, but in very small amounts...like just a few bites and he's done. He likes most types of beans. He loves cheese. He HATES all types of potatoes. He'll eat little tangerines, bananas (sometimes), watermelon, and strawberries (again, sometimes). He loves penne pasta...he would eat it everyday if he could. He loves Italian sausage. He loves Chicky Lay (chick-fil-a) nuggets. He hates most other meats, but he'll take a few bites of my meatloaf. He doesn't care for sweets, and he definitely didn't get that from me. He loves Sunkist fruit snacks and Quaker granola bars. I'd have to say his favorite food would have to be cheese pizza or a dish I make with penne pasta and Italian sausage.

I couldn't ask for a better son. He is so loving, so well-behaved (usually :)), so cute, and so smart. I love you so much Landon! Happy 3rd Birthday!!!!!

1st Birthday!!!

2nd Birthday!!

3rd Birthday!! (cupcake face)

5 comments:

Erika Edwards said...

HE IS THE CUTEST AND SWEETEST, I CANT BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN 3 YEARS! I remember going to hospital to see you after he was born. You have done so good with him, he is the most loving kid and such a great personality! Happy Birthday Landon!!

Joshjohnnaben said...

I can't believe he is 3! He such a good wittle boy!! I love him so much! See him Sunday!

Binford Family said...

Such a big boy!! Happy Birthday Landon. I remember when you mom and I were pregnant together and we couldn't wait for our boys to get here. You are such a precious little boy who is such a blessing to all of us. Aunt DeeDee loves you!!

CJAS said...

You really have a beautiful family :) I enjoyed your blog :) See you at SS ! Joanne

Ivy Zamora said...

Such a cutie - can't believe he is already three!! Happy Birthday Landon!