Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bedrest

Well, after a long weekend in the hospital, I am now confined to my bed/couch until these little ladies arrive. My doctor's orders are strict bedrest with bathroom privelages. What would I do without those privelages??!! Other than a 10 minute shower and potty time, I can't get up. I know that this is the best thing for my little luvbugs, but geeeeezzzz...how boring! I've done this for about one full week now (including my hospital stay), and I've gotten a pretty nice little routine down. Interested...here it is:


*Wake up and love on my little man (as much as I can in a horizontal position).

*Change locations...the big move from my bed to my couch.

*Watch a plethera of daytime television which includes the morning news, The Price is Right, Rachel Ray, Paula  Dean, Everyday Italian, A Baby Story (twice), Bringing Home Baby (twice), Ellen, Oprah, and the afternoon news.  I do sneak into the kitchen for a bite to eat for lunch sometime in between all of this fun....not supposed to, but I have to eat!

*Usually, by the time the afternoon news is over, Chris and Landon are getting home. The rest of my day is spent visiting with them while they hang out with me in the living room and Chris tackles the nightly routine of making dinner, bathing Landon, cleaning the kitchen, getting Landon to bed, and finishing any other housework that needs to be done.

*Lastly, I get to change locations again (back to the bed), and go nighty-night.

I know you are all very jealous of my exciting days. I've been very lucky to have my mom come over several days this week to help around the house. She has cleaned, done laundry, cooked dinner, worked in the yard, etc. She is an international flight attendant and was able to take off the entire months of March and April to be with me. Chris is doing AWESOME acting as "house-husband", but my mother's extra help is much appreciated. It's so funny watching him try to multi-task around the house. As most women know...we are able to make dinner, fold laundry, and vaccum all at the same time. Men just can't multi-task like we can. Chris is getting it all done, just not quite as fast as I'm used to :) He's such a perfect husband and father. I love you, baby! 

I'm very lucky to have lots of friends and family around to help me out during this time. I've had several offers for dinner to be made for us. I've had friends offer to help around the house. My BFF Heather just stopped by so I could have some company, and she brought me Starbucks and Twilight to start reading. She also brought me my No Doubt concert ticket which is at the end of May! Yay...can't wait for that! I have another friend, Cara, who is gonna come over and visit and bring me some TCBY this afternoon. YUMMY! So...if any of you are looking for something to do, come on over...I am so bored and when my mom's not here, it's pretty lonely.

Pregnancy Update...I will be 33 weeks tomorrow. The doctor says that if I can make it to 36 weeks, we are pretty much in the clear regarding the babies health and development. I am taking a pill every 6 hours to decrease (try to eliminate) contractions, plus strict bedrest. So far, these interventions are working. I'm hoping that my doctor will allow me to go off bedrest and stop the medication at 36 weeks and just let nature do it's thing. We'll see. I am going to the doctor twice a week (Thank you Chris and Mom for taking me!). Unless the babies are showing signs of distress or their enviornment isn't sufficient for their livelyhood, they will let me stay pregnant. The girls have always looked just fine, so I'm guessing I have about 3-4 weeks left. Most twins come at 36-37 weeks. Okay, I'll stop rambling now...this post is getting super long. Gotta figure out how I'm gonna get some lunch :)

4 comments:

Cara said...

Extra butterfinger right?

Binford Family said...

Grayson and I are coming tomorrow. Today is Jamey's b-day so we have been cooking and wraping presents most of the day. Love you and see you tomorrow!! Ok this is funny.... the word verification under this that they always have you type in says...frucker. ha!

Brittany said...

Ash, Hang in there honey. To anwer your question, Parker has slept in her bed very rarely since she was born. The boys fight us a lot too, and their rooms are right next to eachother. We got in the habit of putting her in our room just to keep her from waking up the boys with her screaming at all hours. The only thing worse than one screaming baby at 3am is 3 screaming babies at 3am. Don't push yourself too hard. You do what you have to do in our situation. I am not sure that Landon would go for it right now anyway, because his world is about to be rocked pretty hard with those two babies coming soon. I know that some people would freak that I say this, but I can tell you, because I'm there, that some parenting rules just don't apply when you have 3 under 3. You will be in survival mode for a while. You will be lucky to give them each enough of your attention period, so don't stress about the little stuff. You have a unique situation and anyone who judges should come spend a week at your house and then talk. And while Landon might not be on such a strict schedule as other kids his age, he will be super socialized and have a sweet and giving spirit from learning to share so well at such a young age. So, it will all even out. Let us know if you need anything at all.
Britt

Heather said...

Oh Ashley...I bet you are going crazy!! I feel for you girl, but I know you have to do what's best for those baby girls!!

You know I am home everyday, so please don't ever hesiatate to call me if you ever need anything!! It's a long drive, but you and those girls are definitely worth the drive!!

Maybe you can do a daily blog post about what you've seen on Oprah, for all of us who don't watch it everyday. It would be something to keep you busy!