Friday, March 13, 2009

Hospital visit

Well, here I am...sitting in my hospital room hooked up to some monitors and TOTALLY bored. Yesterday was a very busy day for me, and I think I was a little too hard on my pregnant body. I had a Dr. appt. at 8:15 am, then work, then Open House at my school, and then dinner with my 3rd grade team. I never stopped for about 14 hours, and now I'm paying for it. I started having contractions during Open House...which I assumed were just the usual Braxton Hicks (fake contractions that prepare you for the real thing). By the time I got to dinner with my team, they were coming every 2 minutes, which is more typical of real labor contractions. I called my Doctor, and he told me to get to the hospital right away. Soooo...Chris came and got me and we headed up here. They tried giving me a shot to stop the contractions, but it didn't work. So, they admitted me and tried a different kind of oral medicine all night and all day today, which has been working. They want me to stay again tonight for observation. Good news is...the baby girls look perfect! If the meds continue to work, hopefully I will get to go home tomorrow. The nurse said that, more than likely, I will continue to take the meds until about 35 weeks (3 weeks from now) and be on strict bedrest at home. Who knows...we'll see what happens when my doctor makes her rounds in the morning. I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness Ashley!! I hope the meds continue to work!

I'll be praying for y'all!

Please keep us posted.

Erika Edwards said...

Oh Ash!! I praying for you and those baby girls to make it all the way to your due date! I love you and i just wanted you to know i was thinking of you on your last day at D-U-N-N :)

Love you

Cara said...

okay girl. Hayden and I will be by probably tomorrow after nap with your TCBY. Love you ten tons!