Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthday/Anniversary Getaway

My husband is the sweetest man ever! He emailed me last week and told me to not make any plans this weekend because he was taking me somewhere for my 30th birthday/our 5-year anniversary. He arranged for Landon to stay with his grandparents and we headed out the door around 9 am Saturday. After bugging him for a bit, I got him to tell me where we were going before we even left Arlington. We were on our way to the Barton Creek Resort and Spa in Austin! It is a 5-Star resort in the hill country and it was absolutely beautiful. He had an entire spa day planned for me when we arrived. I got a 50-minute prenatal massage followed by a 50-minute deluxe facial. Next, I got a 50-minute hot stone pedicure.  Needless to say, I was VERY relaxed after all that pampering! Just what a pregnant chick needs! Chris played a round of golf on one of their 4 courses while I was enjoying my spa treatments. That evening, we went downtown to McCormicks and Schmicks, where Chris had previously made 8:30 reservations. We had steak and lobster...yummy! We got to bed early and slept late...what a perfect weekend! Thank you sweetie! I love you so so so so much!!!!! Below is a picture of us at dinner...I HATE pictures of me right now, but I knew I needed atleast one of my 30th birthday. The other is me at 30 1/2 weeks....and yes, I feel as if I'm going to topple over forward at any time....getting very big and uncomfortable.

4 comments:

Cara said...

that was super sweet!!!! You look FAB! even if your are dirty thirty!! hehe!!

Melody said...

What a great hubby!!! So glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend! Your babies bump is so adorable!

Amanda said...

What a sweet and fun weekend! You look great! Our baby girls will be pretty close in age. Are you done with school at Spring Break still? I bet you are getting so excited! Audrey is the sweetest thing. I can't believe I am a mom and that she is already here, but I am loving every minute of it. Good luck with the twins coming and keep me posted.

Binford Family said...

ahh yeah! Just what you needed! 3 hours of "all about you!" Lovely. Glad you had a great 30th! 2 more weeks and then you are finished!!! The girls will be here before you know it!