Wednesday, April 8, 2009

36 weeks!

YAY! I've reached my doctor's goal of 36 weeks! With twins, it is very common to deliver very early. I actually did start going into preterm labor at 32 weeks, but bedrest and medicine were able to stop the labor. My doctor told me that if I could make it to 36 weeks, she would let me off the medicine and bedrest and just let it happen...so here we are, ready to let it happen. Thank goodness I can detach myself from that couch!!! I have shown several signs of labor (I will spare you and not go into detail) within the past few days, so I'm pretty sure it will be happening soon. I'm measuring 45 cm...which in a regular singleton pregnancy would mean I'm measuring 5 weeks overdue, but it is very normal to be that big with twins. The girls are right at about 6 lbs. and 7 lbs., so they are nice and plump. My doctor informed me yesterday that if I haven't gone into labor by this coming Tuesday (April 14), we will go ahead and set a date for the delivery. We will not know if I will be having a c-section or not. It all depends on how the babies are positioned the day I go in. I don't really know which type of delivery I would rather do.  A c-section just seems so nice and quick...and planned. But on the other hand, do I want a scar across my stomach? I guess it really isn't up to me...the girl's position decides that. I've posted a picture of me at 36 weeks pregnant and WOW...my stomach is large!!!!! I am very uncomfortable and very ready for these babies to come!!! I can barely walk these days!

7 comments:

Binford Family said...

That babies will be born on April 11th. My dream told me so! I wanted it in writing so I had to post it here! And by the way, why do you birth such big babies?! You look great! Just think 13 pounds will come off in a matter of seconds crazy!

Melody said...

Congratulations on making it to 36 weeks! That is awesome! My scar from my section is tiny and very low if that eases your mind any.

You still look amazing BTW!

Ivy Zamora said...

Um - I am just impressed that your bed is made. Calm down ma'am! I don't think I have made my bed in the past month and I'm not even prego! :)

~ Amber ~ said...

You look great! You could have them on my birthday April 20th thats a good day!! C-Section is the best. No labor - a little more pain the next day, but not as bad as labor! Scar is barely visible after a couple of years.....Good luck!!

Czarina said...

You look great!

Joshjohnnaben said...

heheh my sweet nieces are almost ready I can't wait! glad I got you on video lastnight !I love you!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Cara said...

I really need to come see you before you deliver!!! I miss my friend!!