Sunday, April 26, 2009

Update

Okay...so I know everyone has been waiting for an update on the sweet baby girls. Allie and Emily are still in the hospital anxiously awaiting their homecoming. They are soooooo close! Like I said in last week's post, they must drink the required amount of breastmilk in a 24 hour period before being discharged. Emily is a little further along than Allie, but she's catching up very quickly. For the past 2 days, Emily has drank all of her bottles except for two. The two that she hasn't drank fully have only had a few milliliters left in them. The rule is the have to drink the ENTIRE thing for 24 hours...so she just has a little bit of work to do. Allie is almost there, as well...just lacking a little bit in each bottle (sometimes drinking the whole thing). The nurse told me today that this is very common for twins who are born at 36 weeks and it should only be a few more days till they get to come home. So all we can do is pray and keep waiting. Chris and I go up there to feed and love on them 3-4 times a day, while ping pong Landon bounces around from grandparent to grandparent. I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind though. He is getting very spoiled by all of them! We did get the chance to go out and spend some good quality time with him last night. After visiting the girls at their 6:00 feeding, we headed out to the Southlake Town Center for a little shopping and dinner at Brio. There was some sort of arts festival thing going on out there, and Landon loved running around through all the people. It was a good time. I snapped a pic of Chris and Landon sitting on the curb while we waited for our table at Brio. I've got a couple of very handsome boys, don't I?! 


2 comments:

Binford Family said...

I can't wait to meet them!!

sara said...

thanks for the update! I'm glad they are almost home!! Cute picture of your boys!