Monday, April 27, 2009

New update!

I know I just posted last night with an update on the girls, but I am very pleased to have to update yall again! The doctor called me this morning, and we get to "room in" at the hospital tonight with Allie and Emily! Emily will be fully discharged from the NICU this afternoon, and Allie will still be somewhat monitored throughout the night while the girls sleep in the room with us. For those of you who don't know what "rooming in" is, it's pretty simple. Basically, we'll be staying on the postpartum floor as if I just had the babies. Since the girls went straight to the NICU when they were born, we have never stayed overnight with them. So, the hospital lets us "room in" so we can have access to the nurses, doctors, etc. for one night. Emily will go home with us in the morning and if Allie has a "good feeding" night, she will too. As of now, Allie has taken all of her bottles, so lets hope and pray she keeps up the good work tonight so we can take both luvbugs home with us tomorrow! I'm so excited!!!!

6 comments:

sara said...

that is GREAT news!!

Melody said...

Yay!!! I am so happy for y'all!

Binford Family said...

SO happy for you guys!

Cara said...

yay!!!! I CAN'T wait to come see them!!

Czarina said...

Great news!

The Bates Family said...

I'm so happy! I hope to hear they both made it home today. Love you!