Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things...

Well...we've just about conquered the first 2 weeks of "the real world". Landon and I are both soooo tired. Going from being at home all day, doing whatever we feel like doing to working and preschool everyday is pretty much a whipping! Our summers are so laid back. We eat when we want to, sleep when we want to, play when we want to, etc. Now, I must keep a pretty strict schedule or things get all out of wack. We leave the house at 7:00 am and don't get home till about 5:30ish. Then, the nightly rituals begin...cook dinner, eat dinner, clean the kitchen, bathtime, playtime w/ mommy and daddy, storytime, and bedtime (which can be a challenge these days). I'll have to add grading papers to that list starting next week...not to mention my neverending pile of laundry. Wow! Being a mommy who works fulltime is hard work! If things go as planned, I'll be able to stay home with my next one for a while.

Landon's new preschool is going great! He cried for the first week when I dropped him off, but this week he has done awesome! He just runs right in and starts playing with his buddies. He already has a little girlfriend named Kyler. She is the grandaughter of my school clerk and she is adorable. We are very pleased with his new school.

My work is going great, as well. The first week is kinda crazy...getting to know the kiddos, teaching rules and procedures, and so on. We will start our regular routine on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday! Holla!). I absolutely love my class! They are so sweet and so excited about 3rd grade. So far, they have all behaved pretty well. Let's hope they keep it up.

I hope everybody has a great looooong weekend! I'll post some pictures of Landon at school pretty soon.

0 comments: