Saturday, August 16, 2008

Haven't blogged in a while...


Well...it's been a while since I have posted anything, so I thought I'd blog a little while Landon is napping. First of all...school starts (for teachers) on Monday and I'm less than thrilled about it. In a way, I'm ready for the "daily routine" to start again, but I DO NOT want to give up my long summer days with Landon. I'm also excited to meet all of my new 3rd graders. There's just something special about the first day of school. Those little 8-year-olds are so excited to walk through the door of their new classroom and meet their new teacher. Plus, they get to see their friends and dig into their new school supplies. It's seriously like Christmas to them. Although...there's always that precious little girl who doesn't want to leave her mommy and daddy. She always gets over it rather fast, though :)


Landon is joining the big world of preschool this year. I'm very excited for him to learn so many new things. He has always been in a home-care or at home with me, so this will be very new for him (and me). It was a very hard decision for Chris and I because we love his sitter, Mrs. Sue, so much. Landon has been on the waiting list for this preschool since he was 9-months-old. They FINALLY called me and told me they had a spot for him. Chris and I felt like if we didn't enroll him now, we wouldn't ever get him in cause we'd go back to the bottom of the waiting list, which is obviously hella long. He starts on Monday, so we'll see how it goes. That child is so independent, he'll probably run off from me and never look back. Let's hope so...atleast for my peace of mind on the first day back to work.


This evening, Chris and I are going to a couples baby shower out in McKinney. It's for Stacy and Joe...some of Chris' friends from high school. It should be lots of fun. Many of our good friends will be there. Landon is hanging out with grandma and grandpa while we go. He'll definitely have a good time getting spoiled over there. Tomorrow is Landon's 2-year-old birthday party! We are having it at The Little Gym. There will be lots and lots of babies and toddlers there. It should be a really gret time for everyone. I'll definitely blog about it and post lots of pics next week. Until then, I hope everyone has a great weekend.


Here's a picture I thought was pretty cute of my little climber. He's on the in-table messing with the lamp. I swear I can't keep him off of the furniture.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute pic! It was so good seeing y'all last night. I love getting to hang out with you!

I hope the birthday party was a success today. I'm sorry I had to miss it.

Hopefully we can all get together soon. I would love to see Landon!

Joshjohnnaben said...

I am anxious to see how my sweet boy's 1st day went at the big boy school~! Yesterday was so fun! Landon is blessed! We are blessed to have him apart of our lives! You have done girl girl! I love you!

sara said...

thanks for having my girls at the party! they had a great time

Melody said...

I hope your first day back to school went great, and that Landon's first day at preschool was fun for him! We had a blast at his birthday party - thank you for inviting us! :)